FedoraProject page Main Page has been changed by Gtbono

Karsten Wade kwade at redhat.com
Mon Jan 19 21:41:30 UTC 2009

On Mon, Jan 19, 2009 at 10:16:01AM -0500, susan_lists at ties.org wrote:
> On Sun, Jan 18, 2009 at 11:39 PM, Jon Stanley <jonstanley at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > If we can semi-protect ala wikipedia I'm in favor of that. If not,
> > then let's deal with these as they come. I think that enough of us
> > have watches on these important pages that we can revert any vandalism
> > quickly. Let's not over-react to one incident here.
> >

> I agree.
>
> But this might be a good time to remind people - on other lists too since I
> gather they are not all here yet - that everybody who writes to the wiki
> should be watching any pages they help out with (write, help write, or even
> use a lot).  The more active watchers the better.

There is a configuration option to automatically watch all pages that
you edit or create.  I don't believe it is set by default.

What do you think about:

1. Making that setting on by default, and

2. Changing that setting to on in the database for all existing
   contributors?

Here's the thing -- we don't usually like changing defaults for
people, except where we change stuff all the time that is a default.
I think it's OK that we change that for people with existing accounts,
but would only want to do it where someone didn't already set another
value.  An example is the CSS -- we change it sitewide so all receive
it, but if someone is using a custom stylesheet, we don't change that,
too.

- Karsten
http://quaid.fedorapeople.org
AD0E0C41