Initial cut at a Debian package linting wrapper for Firehose

David Malcolm dmalcolm at redhat.com
Sun Feb 10 21:09:20 UTC 2013

On Sat, 2013-02-09 at 18:48 -0500, Paul Tagliamonte wrote:
> Hello, Firehosen,
>
> I've just hacked a basic wrapper around one of the most used Debian
> tools; Lintian. It's currently brokenish (need to work out some stray
> Nones in the schema), but should be good to go shortly. Check it out on
> GitHub[1]

Nice.  I started making a list of projects using Firehose in the
README.rst and added a link.

> While wrapping it, I also added some helper functions which could use
> some feedback. They're very Debian-centric, but could be simply adapted
> for Firehose proper if we decided on that.

Those would be:
https://github.com/paultag/storz/blob/master/storz/deb.py
right?

If every Debian project using Firehose is going to use code like that,
then it would makes sense to slurp that into Firehose itself, but I
don't want to force dependencies on people using Firehose that aren't
using the deb functionality (I see you have a couple of "from debian"
imports, which don't exist on this box).
So you could put these into a new firehose/debian.py, or alternatively
put the imports into *method scope* within firehose/report.py, and have
a couple of DebianBinary.from_deb() and DebianSource.from_dsc()
classmethods.  (If you also want to slurp in the exception classes into
firehose you'd want to rename them also, naturally)

Cheers
Dave