Prepaid USA SIM with voice/text/data plan

Tim Flink tflink at redhat.com
Fri Jul 26 15:37:37 UTC 2013

On Fri, 26 Jul 2013 06:19:44 -0400 (EDT)
Jaroslav Reznik <jreznik at redhat.com> wrote:

> [...]

There would be a $10 charge for the SIM no matter which prepaid plan
you went with. After getting the SIM here are 2 options: pay-as-you-go
or monthly.

pay-as-you-go:
  - Add multiples of $10, $20, $30 or $100 to the account using prepaid
    cards (or a credit card, but I suspect buying the topup cards will
    be easier)

  - Data costs $0.30 per MB, phone calls are $0.05/minute, sms are
    $0.05 and mms are $0.10 - all of this would be deducted from the
    amount deposited with the topup cards. If you bought a $20 topup
    card, that would be ~ 66M of data if you didn't call or text

Monthly:
  - $40 for a month of "unlimited" text/call/data, $50 gives you
    international calling

  - can be paid with a topup card bought ahead of time - don't have to
    give them your credit card