Local Community Sponsor Tables?

Remy DeCausemaker rdecause at redhat.com
Wed Jun 3 15:57:40 UTC 2015

Josh,

At both PyCon and OSCON, community projects getting tables have been referred to as "Community Sponsors," so that was the language I was familiar with. I'm more than happy to call it whatever we want, so long as it increases the participation and quality of the space :)

I know that our local hackerspaces usually bring cool stuff to demo at our local un/conferences such as pen-plotters, 3D printers, and other retro-hardware hacks. I dunno if this constitutes a "service" necessarily, but I think it would add value for paying sponsors to have those types of projects in the same room to help draw more attendees, so long as it doesn't impinge available space.

Hope this helps,
--RemyD.

--
Remy DeCausemaker