Your Flock talk has been accepted!

Amita Sharma amsharma at redhat.com
Thu Jun 4 09:32:27 UTC 2015

On 06/04/2015 02:47 PM, P J P wrote:
>> On Thursday, 4 June 2015 1:56 PM, Pravin Satpute wrote:
>>> Because Flock is the premier Fedora event for North America and
>>> Europe/Middle East/Africa, we are prioritizing travel funding for those groups
>>> this year, as Asian and Latin American contributors have their own premier
>>> FUDCon events.
>> IMHO there should be criteria. Contributor irrespective of region should
>> get chance to attend flock if he is deserving and make sense to Fedora
>> to be in conference.
>
>    True, makes sense. Having exclusive events per region, automatically by design divides the community into separate groups and thwarts a unified community interaction and experience.
+1 here. This makes more sense while we want to support and implement
diversity in Fedora. We need a global event, atleast once a year which
should be open for every Fedora contributor.

I am sure there must be other better solutions to the budget problem
than dividing events per region.

Regards,
Amita