Adding some IPA characters

pravin.d.s at gmail.com pravin.d.s at gmail.com
Wed Jul 24 09:10:04 UTC 2013

On 23 July 2013 07:52, Kelvin Song <kelvinsong10 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi, I've added a bunch of IPA letters to the Liberation Serif font.

That's great.

> Here's a picture of them:
> [image: Inline image 1]
> IPA letters are more than just mirror versions of regular latin letters,
> so I tried to make them "real", following the serif rules, etc. For example
> the /ɹ/ letter has only one serif on top, and the crossbar on /ə/ is at the
> same height as the one on /e/.  I've only done the Regular weight, but if
> you're interested I can do italic, bold, etc.

Yeah.
Since Liberation serif family providing 4 weights we should apply changes
in other weights as well. Do providing me Italic, Bold and Bold Italic is
required.

> The TTF and SFD source are attached. It's very rough—the letter outlines
> aren't fused (to make editing easier), and there might be some
> clockwise/counterclockwise errors. The letters displayed fine in Inkscape
> though.

I will remove error if there any before merging.
In between for this work you can refer to Liberation fonts version 2.00.1
it has IPA characters available but we cant add it to Liberation 1.07.2
because of license incompatibilities.

Or may be try using Liberation 2.00.1 instead...
https://fedorahosted.org/liberation-fonts/

I hope so you are aware regarding Liberation fonts license. And you are
ready to submit your work under
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Licensing:LiberationFontLicense?rd=Licensing/LiberationFontLicense
this license?

Best Regards,