FUDPub Possibilities

Chris Tyler ctyler at fedoraproject.org
Sat Aug 22 03:51:15 UTC 2009

Hi Deepak, Lilly, and Andrew,

I want to bounce some ideas around for FUDPub. There are obviously tons
of great places to hold one in our fine city, but there are limited
options within walking distance, so transportation becomes an issue.

The Underground at York (http://www.myunderground.ca) is within walking
distance of TEL/SEQ, and I think it's probably the first choice --
though I'd categorize it as very convenient, very flexible, but slightly
boring. Other nearby options could include the restaurants/pubs at
Interchange (near the hotels), or we could take advantage of the fact
that York is a transit hub and go farther afield (though this makes
things more complex).

What do you think?

-Chris

(To clarify venue plans: we've got the use of the SEQ building space
that we normally use for FSOSS for Saturday (Barcamp) and Sunday
(Hackfest day 1). On Monday (Hackfest day 2), we have the room we used
for the F10 release party, plus a medium and two small conference rooms
and two other classrooms).