FUDCon - Dave & Busters Proposal

Chris Tyler ctyler at fedoraproject.org
Sun Aug 30 02:21:26 UTC 2009

Here is the proposal from D&B.

Notes:
- They have 'appetizer-style' buffets and 'dinner-style' buffets. The
former include finger food such as cheese and crackers, kebabs, and bar
burgers; the latter, a more traditional meat-starch-vegetable-salad
menu. For our event type and budget, only the appetizer style seems
appropriate.

- Drink tickets are charged on a as-consumed basis -- if a $5 drink is
ordered, we pay $5, if a $7 drink, then $7, if the ticket isn't used, no
charge. We can include the non-alcoholic drinks via ticket, or for
$2.59/person have unlimited tea, coffee, and soda. Tickets can have a
maximum value attached; $7.20 (recommended) covers most drinks.

- They will throw in the space rental for free under their current
promotion. Of the various spaces available, the space that looks best to
me includes 9 pool tables, a snooker table, and two hand-shuffleboard
tables (which will be covered and used for the buffet for part of the
evening). This is the "Viewpoint 2/3" on the proposal -- it's normally
$125/hour.

- They have recommended "Power Cards" for each attendee -- these can be
used on the midway. They are optional -- we can just have the pool
tables available, and if someone wants to use the midway they can pay
their own way. If we include the Power Cards, we're over budget.

Hope this info is useful. Paul, in case Mailman scrubs the attachment,
I'm CCing you on this mail directly.

-Chris