FUDCon - Dave & Busters Proposal

Paul W. Frields stickster at gmail.com
Mon Aug 31 20:17:58 UTC 2009

On Mon, Aug 31, 2009 at 01:05:11PM -0400, Andrew Overholt wrote:
> Hi,
>
> * Paul W. Frields <stickster at gmail.com> [2009-08-31 08:55]:
> > On Sat, Aug 29, 2009 at 10:21:26PM -0400, Chris Tyler wrote:
> >
> > I agree.  This worked fine at the most recent Boston FUDCon, and I
> > notice they have chips+salsa and crackers+cheese on the menu for
> > veggiesauruses.
>
> As a vegetarian (non-vegan) I can't say I'm *thrilled* with the non-meat
> options but being the location that it is I'm not surprised.  It would
> be great to have something more substantial for non-meat-eaters (ex.
> samosas or mini veggie burgers) but I realize we're a small minority and
> thus won't harp on it any more :)

Yeah, sorry if I wrote that off too quickly Andrew.  I talked to Chris
earlier (he's having some email problems today) and he is exploring
some more substantial options with D&B as we speak.  They've already
told us they can come up with something better, so hold tight while we
spin up another edition of the paperwork! :-)

> > > - They have recommended "Power Cards" for each attendee -- these can be
>
> We went to D&B's for a Christmas party once.  It was fun, and I wasn't
> paying for our "Power Cards" but I go the feeling that they were
> probably rip-offs.  Things are more social with pool tables than with
> video games anyway ;)

I tend to agree, a video game (in a lot of cases) sort of separates
you from everyone else.  Some of them at the D&B I visited in Maryland
about 8 or so years ago were group participation, but it was the
exception rather than the rule.  Having the option for people who are
"social'd out" is probably a plus, but we can just let those people
pay their own way.  The rest of us will all be sharing group hugs and
Fedora gang signs. ;-)