Handoff of my FUDCon stuff for the next 2 weeks

Paul W. Frields stickster at gmail.com
Mon Nov 2 19:17:27 UTC 2009

On Mon, Nov 02, 2009 at 12:35:17PM -0500, Mel Chua wrote:
> 2. Make sure everyone's got rooms
>
> Paul kicked this off on
> http://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/fudcon-planning/2009-October/000223.html,
> I think we're pretty much settled but am putting it here as something we
> should status-check on Thursday. One note is that the J5/lmacken rooming
> is going to change since Luke wants to room with his friend Remy and J5
> is looking for a roommate as I type this; he's going to edit
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/FUDCon:FUDCon_Toronto_2009_logistics#Room_sharing
> to reflect what he works out.
[...snip...]

I don't suppose this will be a big deal, since both Luke and J5 are
filing for their rooms via expense reports against the Fedora
Engineering budget IIRC.  They are both reimbursable up to $200 (4
nights) as bus riders.  So however they work out the bills beyond
that is up to them.

I need to send an internal note around to Red Hatters so they are up
to date on the roommate situation, once we settle any other
outstanding questions raised from my initial room assignment list.

[...snip...]
> In other news, we have a second FUDBus monitor. For those of you who
> remember the jetpack-enhanced antics of this summer's CommArch
> interns... although neither of us has that status any longer, we've
> still got the jetpacks, and there will still be the antics - Ian Weller
> and I will be keeping the bus both fun and functional (I figure I'll let
> him handle the "fun" and I'll take the "ctional.")

Notable:  Tim Burke, Red Hat VP of Linux Development (and my manager),
will also be riding the bus, so I expect you can dip into that
particular well for extra help if needed.  Hopefully everything will
go smoothly and "monitor duty" will end up being unnecessary.

Something that was suggested to me -- maybe on this list? -- was that
no one is allowed to board the bus without showing proper
documentation for entry/re-entry across the US/Canada border.  Sounds
like a wise move to me!