FUDBus final details (incl. Boston lodging)

Mel Chua mchua at fedoraproject.org
Fri Nov 27 23:46:39 UTC 2009

This email is long, but it contains (afaik) all FUDBus details, so
please read it all the way through.

You're getting (probably Bcc'd on) this email because you're listed on
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/FUDCon:FUDCon_Toronto_2009_logistics#People_riding_the_bus
as a bus rider, or on
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/FUDCon:FUDCon_Toronto_2009_logistics#Need_Boston_lodging
as someone who needs housing in Boston. (With the exception of Sarah
Lumens, who I don't have an email for - please forward if you do.)
Please make sure you're on the right list(s) - if you're not on the
first list, we won't be checking to make sure you're on the bus before
it leaves! And if you're not on the second list, we won't be checking to
make sure you have a place to stay in Boston!

Ok, now, details:

First, make *sure* you have your passport! (Or the magic card that lets
you cross the border, whatever that's called.) Bus Henchme... er,
monitors Smooge and Ian will be checking for this as people get on the bus.

Second, my phone number is +1.847.970.8484. Use it liberally (text
messages preferred) on the days of our bus rides as needed, ESPECIALLY
if you're going to be running late (but please don't, as it holds up
everybody else).

Second, details on pickup timing and exact location are at
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/FUDCon:Toronto_2009#Bus_Travel. I will be
at Alewife half an hour early on Friday (8:30am, 9am departure). I will
be in the hotel lobby half an hour early on Tuesday (9am, 9:30am
departure). I will find some way to make it super-obvious that this is
the FUDBus pickup station (creative ideas/help welcome ;).

Third, Boston-area lodging: f you live in Boston and might be able to
host an out-of-town rider, please check out the
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/FUDCon:FUDCon_Toronto_2009_logistics#Can_offer_Boston_lodging
section and get in touch with folks looking for couches, and if you're
coming from out of town and need housing, please see
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/FUDCon:FUDCon_Toronto_2009_logistics#Need_Boston_lodging.
These are the lists I'll be watching to make sure everyone has places to
sleep in Boston if they need it.

Thanks, all - looking forward to our FUDBus adventure next week!

--Mel