A/V nerds wanted

Chris Tyler ctyler at fedoraproject.org
Wed Oct 21 15:33:45 UTC 2009

On Tue, 2009-10-20 at 22:34 +0200, Yaakov Nemoy wrote:
> 2009/10/20 Clint Savage <herlo1 at gmail.com>:
> > One too many n's.  Resending this...

> >> I think it was all stored on the alt.fedoraproject.org site (under
> >> videos iirc).  Matt Domsch set that up iirc.
> >>
> >> For now, that's probably the best way to do it, but I would say that
> >> we should consider looking at making a dedicated way of uploading
> >> video and then making it available to be streamed (via icecast or
> >> other means).
>
> I think this is jumping ahead a bit, so please don't let it get off topic.
>
> The first question is, who can help provide cameras and know how to
> create videos, how can we coordinate it, and so on, so that we can
> worry about where we have to put gigabytes of wonderful videos
> afterwards.

I can provide one DV camcorder with firewire out and a tripod. I can
also provide a mixer and wireless mics which Clint could use for
streaming if he doesn't want to cart his gear over the border and
back :-)

In Boston, we "taped" two tracks and later converted and uploaded them
using some magic provided by Matt Domsch. Clint streamed and recorded
audio from one session. I'd suggest the same for December -- one audio
stream is pretty light on the network but is enough to provide a way for
people to be engaged in realtime.

-Chris