SMW for conference registration system?

Mel Chua mchua at fedoraproject.org
Tue Sep 8 18:47:44 UTC 2009

(now sending from my email address that's actually subscribed to list.
Whoops.)

Just had a thought:

We've been experimenting with semantic mediawiki (smw) and semantic
forms for Fedora test cases. Some docs are here:
http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Extension:Semantic_Forms/Example (There's
also a qa-list discussion on this if you want the full detail blast).
They make it easy to set up custom-crafted "let's collect manipulable
data" setups.

As a demonstration, I spent 15 minutes making a FUDCon registration
system prototype.

To try it out, see
https://publictest6.fedoraproject.org/wiki/Form:FUDCon_registration.

To see the interface without trying it out, check out the screenshot at
http://imagebin.ca/view/K_vLOgg.html

For an example entry, see
https://publictest6.fedoraproject.org/wiki/Mel_Chua

And it keeps an automatic registration list at
https://publictest6.fedoraproject.org/wiki/Category:FUDCon_registration.

One could conceivably do this for speaker/track/etc. submissions as
well, and all that kind of thing.

Thoughts?

--Mel