[fudcon-planning] #1: Send FUDCon Tempe 2011 announcement

Paul Frields stickster at gmail.com
Sun Aug 1 15:32:06 UTC 2010

On Sun, Aug 1, 2010 at 12:22 AM, inode0 <inode0 at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sat, Jul 31, 2010 at 11:06 PM, Jon Stanley <jonstanley at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Sorry for the top post, the Droid makes anything else impossible.
>
> With your web browser anything is possible.
>
>> What needs to be reworded? People will see once they get to the wiki page
>> that there are now two days of technical sessions rather than one. Are you
>> saying that should be explicitly called out?
>
> No, just a small insignificant matter below.
>
>>>  * Lightning talks and hackfest pitches that to get attendees excited
>>>   and motivated to collaborate
>
> I would just reword this point because "that to" doesn't really make
> sense to me.

Yup, I understood the correction FWIW. :-)

As for technical sessions -- yes, we're going to have more time for
these. At the Events FAD in Raleigh back in the winter we went over
all the feedback for the conference and what used to sound like an
embarrassment of riches -- "I couldn't see everything I wanted to" --
had become more of a substantial complaint, i.e. too many sessions at
once. We decided the best way to solve this problem was to have fewer
tracks at one time, and more time for sessions overall.

--
Paul