hotel for fudcon tempe 2011

Robyn Bergeron robyn.bergeron at gmail.com
Thu Aug 12 14:54:24 UTC 2010

On Wed, Aug 11, 2010 at 4:40 PM, Paul Frields <stickster at gmail.com> wrote:
> Robyn did some very diligent checking on our behalf to get us to this
> point. However, I know everyone agrees we don't want to throw any
> money away. I have nothing against the Courtyard or any other
> location. We simply want all the attendees who are lodging to be in
> one place so we maximize the possibilities for collaboration
> throughout the weekend, including after hours.
>
> If the Courtyard has substantially changed their price, let's look
> into this further. I have a grace period on the contract signing with
> Mission Palms (until next Monday), so that's not a worry. But we need
> to move quickly.
>
> Seth, since you've already confirmed the availability of rooms, are
> you willing to help with the following three questions?
>
> * What does airport transportation cost to the hotel?  If it's
> ~$10/person on a shuttle service, that's totally acceptable.  If it
> costs $50 by taxi, we're not saving people as much, since the light
> rail goes from the airport to just a couple blocks from the Mission
> Palms. ;-)
>
> * The Mission Palms is offering us a Friday night hospitality suite
> gratis. I would want at *least* that same deal at the Courtyard, but
> perhaps they would also throw in a hack suite somewhere -- it would
> need to be a suite or room that won't disturb other guests, though.
>
> * I would like to confirm they don't mind us bringing in pizzas and
> sodas to the hospitality suite to share with people arriving.

If we could manage to get a hospitality / hack suite for the whole
weekend - it would be possibly awesome to find out if - in addition to
having pizza / soda on Friday night - we could also do breakfast-type
things in there (coffee/soda/water, donuts, bagels, etc. ). Might be
easier than trying to figure out how to do it on-site at ASU.

Robyn