Swag (was: Re: FUDCon Tempe planning recap 2010-08-16)

Paul W. Frields stickster at gmail.com
Fri Aug 20 16:05:22 UTC 2010

On Thu, Aug 19, 2010 at 05:45:18PM -0500, inode0 wrote:
> On Thu, Aug 19, 2010 at 5:31 PM, Paul W. Frields <stickster at gmail.com> wrote:
> > On Wed, Aug 18, 2010 at 12:41:16PM -0500, inode0 wrote:
> >> Maybe I should ask this. How many do you want *for* FUDCon? I was only
> >> anticipating giving them to the pre-registered folks, roughly 125 from
> >> history. These are not going to be throw away swag items but lanyards
> >> that we expect will last and we want to try to get them into the hands
> >> of Fedora contributors who will use them multiple times.
> >
> > Hi John,
> >
> > We talked earlier in IRC about this, but since it doesn't exist if it
> > ain't on the list... :-) We asked for 200, and if there's supplemental
> > funding needed to ensure there are plenty of lanyards to go around for
> > events, I'm certain we can get it.
>
> Hi Paul,
>
> I'm waiting now on art and as soon as I have that I'll work with the
> vendor on some of the lingering details. My plan now is to try to
> order 400 total with 200 going to FUDCon Tempe. I'll also add 200
> badge holders to the order since that will cost less than $100 so all
> that will remain is for someone to figure out what goes into them.

Hi John,

That's awesome!  Can you point me to a picture or details of the badge
holder?  I'll put that into a ticket on the Trac for FUDCon Tempe so
we can produce whatever size of badge is appropriate to fit into the
holder.  I'm aiming to do something low-drag, like some Avery-sized
paper product for the actual badges that Robyn, Ryan, or any other
participant can produce and bring with them to the pre-registration
area (our hospitality suite) on Friday.