International visitors to FUDCon NA

seth vidal skvidal at fedoraproject.org
Mon Aug 23 21:23:11 UTC 2010

On Mon, 2010-08-23 at 17:08 -0400, Paul W. Frields wrote:
> We have a number of people in the subsidy request queue who are from
> outside North America.  We need to start making some decisions on
> granting these requests so that the travelers have enough time to get
> visas and other travel details completed.
>
> https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=0Asv6CXEy27L0dC15YTRNYi15NzBEX1VGaDIxSGh0VGc&hl=en&authkey=CNG0rbUO
>
> That's a quick spreadsheet I whipped up from the pending queue.  (This
> made me realize that we might need to add some custom fields to Trac
> to make funding requests and reporting more useful, but that's more
> time than I had available.)

And as un-seemly as this is:

For the americans in the crowd if you do not:

"Look American"

then I'd suggest you bring your passport if you have them.

No, I do not know what 'Look American' means - but AZ has instituted a
truly bizarre and utterly racist law and in this case it would be better
safe than sorry.

I'm bringing my passport, just to be on the safe side.

hopefully, the law will be overturned before fudcon.
-sv