International visas

Igor Pires Soares igorsoares at gmail.com
Tue Aug 24 04:27:15 UTC 2010

Em Seg, 2010-08-23 às 14:26 -0400, Toshio Kuratomi escreveu:
> One more thing, somewhat tangential to this -- The passport and visa process
> can be quite long.  People from Brasil told me that getting a US visa in
> Brasil takes a minimum of 3 months.  This is not necessarily the maximum
> amount of time to expect in other countries either....
>
> Perhaps something to be added to the "asking for funding" requests for
> international travelers is: Do you need to get visa/passport to attend?  If
> so, how far in advance do you need to know about funding in order to also
> have your visa/passport forms processed?

In the case of Brazil the time needed to get a visa depends on the state
where one lives, but 3 months is a reasonable time to get it done. In my
case I could wait until October to know about the funding in order to
get the visa in time. I already have a passport so it is one thing less
to worry about.

Regards,
--
Igor Pires Soares