Hotel contract

Paul W. Frields stickster at gmail.com
Mon Aug 30 11:59:41 UTC 2010

Over the weekend I received the contract for the Courtyard Tempe.
I'll be filling that out and returning it today -- after which we
should quickly have a registration code for people to use to start
booking rooms.

Once that happens, I could definitely use some help getting the word
out (blogs, tweets, etc.) about lodging.  I'll set up a hotel
registration link in the wiki as well, once the details are known.

Something we should clarify for people we subsidize: They should work
out their roommate situation independently, using the wiki.  There's
already a "roomshare" space, and they can simply indicate their
roommate's username there.  The objective is we don't want people
duplicating reservations or ending up in a double-occupancy room with
only one person in it, and no one to pay for the other half.  Mel Chua
and I tried to arrange all the room sharing last FUDCon, and not only
was it a huge time suck, but the crowd could have done better on its
own.