Reminder: FUDCon Tempe Planning meeting, Wednesday (TODAY!), 12/1/2010, 2000 UTC/3pm EST/12pm PST

Paul W. Frields stickster at gmail.com
Wed Dec 1 19:25:16 UTC 2010

On Wed, Dec 01, 2010 at 09:15:46AM -0700, Robyn Bergeron wrote:
> Please check out https://fedorahosted.org/fudcon-planning/report/9 for
> today's agenda! We'll be in #fudcon-planning, as always.  If you have
> tickets that need to be on the agenda, please add the na-meeting
> keyword to the ticket.
>
> Agenda items, other than the tickets above - I'd like to set a
> time/date for an additional subsidy meeting (I feel safe relinquishing
> at least 3k right now thanks to Rackspace and Google sponsorships).

Jared and I were talking last night, and one of the things I ran by
him was that it's probably a good idea to firm up a set of actual
itemized costs the team wants Rackspace and/or Google to handle,
within their proposed sponsorship costs, and get an explicit agreement
from them on how those costs will be handled (which might be just an
email +1).

In general, the *easiest* way to handle a cost is for a sponsor to
just pay for something up front, or (if the cost is paid on-site) for
a person with a credit card hooked to that sponsor to show up and pay
the bill there as agreed.

The least preferable way (although still acceptable) is for the
sponsor to say, "Pay the bill, then let us know what we owe you and
we'll send you a check."  While not disastrous, it's just darn
difficult to "refund" things into any Red Hat budget that's not set up
to accept money -- such as the Comm-Arch or Fedora Engineering budget.