Events FAD planning: beginning to book tickets

Clint Savage herlo1 at gmail.com
Fri Jan 8 16:14:23 UTC 2010

On Fri, Jan 8, 2010 at 7:44 AM, Jon Stanley <jonstanley at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Jan 8, 2010 at 2:25 AM, Mel Chua <mel at redhat.com> wrote:
>
>> 2. Someone from Infrastructure, especially if #1
>
> I can likely represent Infrastructure, however, #1 a little less so,
> but I think Clint and/or Chris Tyler (I think?) can represent #1 for
> us too. We'd need to select server software, define the disk space and
> computational power requirements for it, fill out an RFR, and get to
> testing it!
>
> I'd like to have the RFR done prior to the FAD if possible so that we
> can get it implemented and test it *at* the FAD, however, with my
> $DAYJOB commitments, I may or may not be able to make the planning
> meetings.

Yes, I should be able to represent #1.  I am hoping to come and finish
the new addition to the screencast streaming server (video, I think,
is a bit more, but might be possible with very little work).  I was
thinking that in two days, I could put myself in a corner and hack
most of it together using Paul's base of PulseCaster[1].  The work I
have done is minimal, but I think I could easily get it done in that
itme frame barring any major barriers.

Cheers,

Clint

1 - https://fedorahosted.org/pulsecaster/