Events FAD: Need another fw/mini-dv system?

Mel Chua mel at redhat.com
Thu Jan 28 16:21:42 UTC 2010

On 01/27/2010 11:04 AM, Clint Savage wrote:
> Mel,
>
> I could suggest
> http://www.radioshack.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2271481&CAWELAID=107593179
> as a good purchase.  I don't think it's too big of a deal because we
> could go down to the MicroCenter nearby and pick one up for a good
> price too.  However, I don't have Firewire on my laptop and would like
> to use the dv cameras for a while to get the commands right for things
> like full video, combined computer screen with picture-in-picture,
> etc.  A firewire camera would provide the second input for that to
> happen.

If I've got time this evening I'll pop into Radio Shack and/or Best Buy
and see what I can find; fallback (and likely) scenario is that one or
two of us go for an equipment-shopping trip at lunch tomorrow. Which may
be even better, since then we can pick up any little tiny things, cables
etc, we've just realized we'd forgotten to get.

--Mel