FUDCon and FAD IRC channels

Kevin Fenzi kevin at scrye.com
Fri Jan 29 17:58:32 UTC 2010

On Fri, 29 Jan 2010 11:18:33 -0600
Matt Domsch <matt at domsch.com> wrote:

> > #fedora-fad and #fedora-fudcon should be canonical.
> >
> > #fad and #fudcon should be aliases that automatically redirect.
> >
> > We should implement the redirect in the #fudcon channel ASAP, and
> > the #fad channel after this weekend's FAD.
> >
> > Now, does anyone know how we actually set these redirects up?
>
> I know Kevin does.

I think it can be done with:

/mode #fudcon +F
/mode #fudcon +b *!*@*#fedora-fudcon
/mode #fad +F
/mode #fad +b *!*@*#fedora-fad

That will ban everyone from joining, and redirect them to the right
channel.

For #fudcon we will probibly want to setup the channel to have chanserv
in it and be guarded, or else it's going to get nuked in the ircd move
later tonight. ;)

kevin