Events FAD -- comments on our status

Max Spevack mspevack at redhat.com
Sun Jan 31 01:25:52 UTC 2010

All,

While you guys were at dinner, I took a chance to step back from
everything and try to look at the big picture.  I'm really impressed
with the amount we've achieved so far at this FAD.

I'm really sorry about the weather screwing up our opportunity to have
another good social event tonight, but appreciate everyone gutting it
out and making the best of the situation.

Great stuff, everyone.  I love Fedora.

--Max

********************

I've taken a look at most of the active threads and pages that we worked
on today, and tried to assess current status and remaining TODOS.

==

[[Premier Fedora Events]] -- has most of the content it needs.  Could do
a better job of really making sure that we drive people who care about
anything more than the schedule of what's upcoming to [[FUDCon]] and
[[FAD]].

The rest of the page serves its purpose, which is to provide the
calendar for all FUDCons and FADs that are upcoming, or that need to be
scheduled.

===

[[FAD]] -- I think this page is in good shape.

[[FUDCon Planning FAD]] -- A good idea.  The closest thing we've ever
had to this was https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/FAD_Rheinfelden

==

[[FUDCon]] -- I'm happy with the current state of this page.

==

[[FUDCon design]] needs to be merged into [[FUDCon:Organization]],
replacing what is now deprecated, and then eventually redirected to
[[FUDCon:Organization]].  We should also include a link off to [[FUDCon
Planning FAD]] in the new contents.

There is a fudcon-howto doc in gobby that may or may not have already
been turned into [[FUDCon design]].  If that gobby doc is no longer
needed, we should remove it.

==

[[FUDCon_and_FAD_locations]] will eventually be obsoleted by a [[FUDCon
bid process]] page, and redirect to it.  Probably will rename
[[FUDcon_location_proposal_policy]] into [[FUDCon bid process]].

This page is still being hacked on in gobby.

==

[[Sponsoring_event_attendees]] -- this page is superb, and needs to be
linked to from [[Events]] and from somewhere in [[FAMSCO]], as well as
the FUDCon organization pages.

==

Remaining TODOs:

* Work with Rodrigo on Sunday about LATAM (Max, Mel, Dennis?).  This is
really happening at 8 AM?  Good grief.

* Wait for feedback from India about FUDCon (Max already reached out).

* Keep working on the bid process (David, Max).

* Generally update and clean up the following: (Mel)
 	https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Events_FAD_2010
 	https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Events_FAD_2010_Action_Items

The goal of this item is so that people who want to look at the results
of the FAD can see a properly cleaned up page that shows them (a) what
we did, and (b) points them off in the directions of the wiki pages that
we touched, etc.  We just want to make sure we've tied up loose ends,
and properly documented the FADs achievement as well as what needs to be
done post-FAD.

* Are there any survey todos?  If so, what are they, where are they
captured, and who owns them?

* Figure out how folks are getting home.

* Break off the FUDCon Live TODOs and such into its own space so that it
can have a plan and life beyond this FAD.