FUDcon NA Bid Process? Dates?

Paul W. Frields stickster at gmail.com
Mon Jun 21 17:49:51 UTC 2010

On Sun, Jun 20, 2010 at 12:37:06PM -0400, Chris Tyler wrote:
> We're 6-7 months out from FUDCon NA. That seems like a lot of time, and
> I hate to bring this up, but we're actually several months behind the
> schedule laid out at the Events FAD[0]. I have two questions:
>
> - What is the revised timeframe for bid closure/decision? and
>
> - What are the planned dates for FUDCon NA?
>
> I'm asking because I'm starting to plan travel for the fall/winter, and
> know that others are doing the same. (Actually, for travel planning
> purposes, dates are more important than location at this point in time).
>
> Many thanks--
>
> -Chris
>
> [0] https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/FUDCon_organization_process

Well timed, Chris.  You're right, it seems like a lot of time now but
we do need to get travel planning and budgeting underway in very short
order.

Robyn and I have been in contact with someone at the ASU computer
science department about getting faculty approval and sponsorship for
the FUDCon NA event, which is the critical path item on which the
other planning hinges.  We were expecting to hear back from him at the
end of last week.  I'm dropping him another line now to ask whether
we've been approved by the department.

Robyn, you haven't heard back from Jon, have you?