Call for bids?

Paul Frields stickster at gmail.com
Fri Mar 5 12:25:15 UTC 2010

On Fri, Mar 5, 2010 at 2:40 AM, Marcus Moeller <mail at marcus-moeller.de> wrote:
> Hi all.
>
>>> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/FUDCon_bid_opening_announcement
>>>
>>> Please edit or +1 here.
>>
>> +1. Are there any examples of good bids from the past (or documents that
>> would have gone into a bid, since we've never really done a bidding
>> process)? Or even example bids from other events (non-Fedora ones, just
>> for a first round until we have our own good examples)?
>
> We have already set up a page containing the required information for
> FUDCon EMEA 2010. From our pov. there are still some things unclear.
> First of all: Who is going to take the decision? Is it the community,
> the board, the FPL or someone else?
>
> As (at least for FUDCon EMEA 2010) we are quite late, a decision
> should be taken soon :)

According to the bid process:
  https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/FUDCon_bid_process

...regional Ambassador leadership is supposed to do a first pass on
the bids to make sure it contains answers to their questions. The
decision comes from the majority budget sponsors -- in other words,
the people who are paying for the event to happen have to decide where
to spend the money. In this case that would be the Community
Architecture team, I'm assuming, so I'll get with Max to come to a
decision here.

I think it would be helpful for us in the future to have bids on
separate pages. Right now we have everything on one page,
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/FUDCon_and_FAD_locations , and it's hard
to tell which of the cities listed are serious bids and which are
ideas that were just mentioned in passing some time ago. Just a
logistics issue; I'll do some work to make the wiki sensible for
future bid processes.

Paul