Update - FUDCon Tempe: Keepin' on plowin'

Mel Chua mel at redhat.com
Mon May 17 12:36:52 UTC 2010

> As a note of interest (mchua, I'm looking at you - and we discussed
> this a bit on IRC the other day) - apparently, there is not much of a
> focus on FOSS at ASU.  As in, most of the professors don't talk about
> it, it's not heavily utilized in courses, etc.  So - I think it could
> certainly be a good place to actually have a bit of an information
> session for the professors themselves.  Particularly since ASULUG
> seems to have pretty active participation - lots of students who are
> self-motivated to learn about Linux, but maybe aren't getting the
> level of education in that area that they'd be happy to devour.

Right-o. I'm excited about this one, particularly since we've once again
got excellent people on the ground for ASU (yay Ryan!) - if Tempe is
indeed chosen as the FUDCon location, we'll be sure to deploy the Fedora
education-fu and build as much momentum there as possible pre-event (and
afterwards, following up on the Spike Of Awesome that FUDCon is sure to
bring).

--Mel