FUDCon Tempe - Overflow hotel info available soon

Robyn Bergeron robyn.bergeron at gmail.com
Mon Nov 8 02:47:11 UTC 2010

Just wanted to provide a quick update on this:

As you all know, the primary hotel, the Marriott Courtyard Tempe
Downtown, has given us 5 additional rooms for our block which need to
be filled by today [1]. Because prices will be higher after these
rooms are booked and/or after the 7th of November, some folks have
been asking about a secondary hotel for those who are more
cost-conscious.

I've arranged a $99/night rate with the Four Points Sheraton [2] in
Tempe.  It is approximately a mile and a half from the Courtyard, but
is still technically "just off campus" - across the street from the
southeast corner of campus, on University Ave. / Rural Road.  For
folks walking to ASU Memorial Union on Sunday, it will be
approximately the same distance as walking from the Courtyard;
however, it's quite a walk from the Brickyard building, but to
alleviate that issue the Sheraton will be providing shuttles to those
who need to go to/from the Brickyard on Saturday and Sunday.

Here's what's included:

* Free Airport shuttle service (to/from)
* Free high speed intarwebz
* Free breakfast
* They'll shuttle our folks to/from FUDCon events, though we should
make some effort to coordinate / get everyone on the shuttle
efficiently

We do not have a room block "obligation" - that is to say, we are not
contracted to fulfill a certain number of rooms.  The contact has
already sent me the limited paperwork, which I have sent back, which
basically was "what is the name of your conference / group," and she
is providing me with a group code and direct link for booking
tomorrow.

As soon as I have the full information and link tomorrow I will post
it on the wiki!

-Robyn

[1] http://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/fudcon-planning/2010-November/001391.html
[2] http://www.fourpointstempe.com/