Prospectus and Sponsorship Documents for FUDCon Tempe 2011

Clint Savage herlo1 at gmail.com
Tue Sep 7 20:40:43 UTC 2010

As promised, I am sending an email with a couple requests for
information regarding both venue and operational information and
corporate sponsorships for FUDCon Tempe 2011

I've created both the prospectus[0] and sponsorship[1] documents on
the wiki and provided links below.  In addition, I've written a short
description of the goals of both of these documents on the logistics
page[2].  However, I'll include those descriptions here for clarity.

Prospectus

The goal of the prospectus document is to provide a sense of the
conference to potential sponsors and vendors who might be providing
services. This allows them to see if the conference is something that
fits in line with their normal vision of what they sponsor. This
document also provides information about the event, venue, number and
type of people who attend the conference.

Sponsorship

The goal of the sponsorship document is to provide a basic set of
sponsorships available at FUDCon Tempe 2011. However, these are just
guidelines and if a sponsor wishes to provide services not listed,
other sponsorships can and should be accommodated. The representative
should use their best judgment to cover the needs of the conference
first and the sponsors interest second.

The focus of these documents is *not* to provide granular detail, but
rather to help the potential sponsor(s) with making decisions.  We
want them to sponsor our conference, not read a dissertation on why
FUDCon is awesome.  I've done a bit of that here, but am hoping we can
have a more focused statements as I've written in the documents below.

I'd like to get the documents complete before our next meeting so if
you could make edits or comment to this thread, it would be much
appreciated.

Cheers,

Clint

0 - https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/FUDCon:Tempe_2011_prospectus