Updated Reservation Links ~ Red Hat Group

Paul W. Frields stickster at gmail.com
Tue Sep 14 12:48:58 UTC 2010

On Sat, Sep 11, 2010 at 08:27:33PM -0400, Steven M. Parrish wrote:
> On 09/09/10 at 06:13pm, Paul Frields wrote:
> > On Thu, Sep 09, 2010 at 05:58:27PM -0400, Ames, Liz wrote:
> > > In regards to the King Suite, unfortunately we are unable to move the
> > > bed and furniture out of the room since the bed is bolted to the floor,
> > > but we are happy to add more seating for additional "social areas".  Or,
> > > we can offer you the same meeting room you have reserved for
> > > Registration on the first night, and we will set up "social areas" for
> > > your attendees to use in the evening.  The rate will be $200.00 per day.
> > > Let me know if you would rather keep the King Suite or if you would like
> > > to move to the meeting room.
> >
> > OK, fellow planners -- I asked about the suitability of the extra king
> > suite as a social area (for the hack suite).  The response makes me
> > think we'd be better off paying the same amount ($200/night) for the
> > meeting room we already reserved for Friday night.  We could even take
> > the meeting room for Friday through Monday nights, to accommodate
> > hackers who are leaving on Tuesday 2/1.
> >
> > Opinions?
>
> I would vote to reserve the meeting room for the weekend instead of
> using the suite.

I'm leaning that way myself.  Part of my reason for doing so is that
the extra suite is probably in a guest area, and I'd be concerned that
the noise would be a problem for other guests.  The meeting room is
less likely to suffer from that potential issue.

It seems like we have a couple +1's and a couple 0's.  Let's discuss
this in today's meeting (limit to 8 min) and I'll inform the Courtyard
people appropriately.