Hackfest Meetings

Paul W. Frields stickster at gmail.com
Wed Feb 2 20:40:04 UTC 2011

On Sun, Jan 30, 2011 at 05:39:23PM -0700, Guillermo Gómez wrote:
> On Sun, Jan 30, 2011 at 9:42 AM, Paul Frields <stickster at gmail.com> wrote:

> > help
> > and
> > >
> > > I actually brought up the idea to transfer knowledge from former (not
> > > only Tempe) to future FUDCon organizers in a hackfest/workshop some
> > > months ago already. I thought someone (or I) could pitch a session for
> > > that and just see whether we do more talking or more Q&A there. As
> > > several others supported the idea I hope I won't be the only one that
> > > is there to answer questions ;)
> >
> > I think that Robyn, Jared, and I can be available on Monday to do
> > this. Max is leaving Sunday evening and won't be around by that point.
> >
> > Paul
>
> Ill be available monday morning too...
>
> Guillermo

For the list's benefit -- we did have this meeting and I thought it
went extraordinarily well.  Juan "Nushio" Rodriguez was in the room
and transcribing:

http://meetbot.fedoraproject.org/fedora-latam/2011-01-31/

Three of the most important pieces of information from the meeting, in
my opinion, were:

1. Alejandro is doing a *great* job getting logistics and setup
organized for FUDCon Panama.

2. The LATAM community (and Fedora community in general) need a lot
more communication about what's being done, what remains to be done,
and who is responsible for doing those things.

3. Alejandro should expect and get help from the people at the meeting
in Tempe, but also from others in LATAM to help make FUDCon Panama the
amazing success we know it can be.