Active Tempe tickets that require $

Robyn Bergeron rbergero at redhat.com
Thu Jan 6 14:44:22 UTC 2011

On 01/06/2011 07:31 AM, Jared K. Smith wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 5, 2011 at 6:30 PM, Max Spevack<mspevack at fedoraproject.org>  wrote:
>>> https://fedorahosted.org/fudcon-planning/ticket/89 -- Looks pretty
>>> cheap.
>>>
>>> https://fedorahosted.org/fudcon-planning/ticket/91 -- Looks pretty
>>> cheap.
>> Not my call, since others have led the subsidy decision making process
>> this time around and I don't want to subvert that process at all.
> For these other two, I'm torn.  We *can* spend (some of?) the money
> that we were going to spend on broadband internet access, but to be
> frank I think we've already gone above and beyond the call of duty
> with regards to subsidies.  With other requests for Fedora help and
> sponsorship of various events, I'd feel better about spending the
> money elsewhere rather than continuing down the line of more subsidies
> for FUDCon.
Per the budget spreadsheet - we still have about $3800 of commarch
funding in Q4 that is available.

That doesn't include a holdback of $3k for internet - which, assuming we
don't spend money on broadband internet, leaves us about $7k.

I'm going to assume for a moment, and Max can throw rocks at me if I'm
incorrect when he gets to Tempe, that the CommArch budget largely looks
like it usually does this time of year - rather unspent. I think that
the idea of saving money for other things, for which there are other
budgets that are still overflowing, is probably not the best use of
money (because the money just won't get used.)

Even if we go and spend $3k on MiFi's and so forth (which I think would
be a seriously overkill amount of money to spend) - that still leaves us
a good chunk of change left. I'm happy to leave some leftover for budget
overruns, or extra goodies (like more shirts) - but really, I think we
could still comfortably spend at least $2k.

Not to mention that I've spent time procuring and working with outside
sponsors, who have donated the event money partially to the ends of
"please subsidize some of our stuff, so that we have more money to bring
in contributors."  I'd like to use that money to bring in people to
FUDCon as promised. :)

-Robyn