Opening session for Tempe: 0900-1030?

Ian Weller ian at ianweller.org
Sat Jan 8 00:01:38 UTC 2011

On Fri, Jan 07, 2011 at 06:19:52PM -0500, Paul W. Frields wrote:
> I think the opening session for FUDCon Tempe should be 9:00am-10:30am
> so that we are setting proper expectations.  We do hope to make the
> opening session shorter by pre-seeding the pitch list on the wiki and
> only having pitches for things *not* on the wiki.

I'm OK with changing the amount of time we have, but I think we still
need to have everyone pitching a session get up and pitch their session.
It's important for everyone to have an idea of what's going on where so
that we can make FUDCon a better event for everyone coming, not just
those who bothered to read the wiki.

15 seconds is enough for someone to pitch a session if they've given
enough thought about it. Then paper + marker table after that, and it
gets handed off to the people making voting happen.

> (Note this ties in with something Robyn and Jared and I discussed on
> the phone with ASU earlier this week.  When we make our official
> request from their wireless provider, which we are supposed to do next
> week, we need to make sure ART 220 is also on the list.)

Where are we doing Jared's address?

--
Ian Weller <ian at ianweller.org>