Table for FUDCon?

Paul W. Frields stickster at gmail.com
Wed Jan 19 20:28:17 UTC 2011

On Wed, Jan 19, 2011 at 12:33:58PM -0600, inode0 wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 19, 2011 at 12:18 PM, Tom Callaway <tcallawa at redhat.com> wrote:
> > On 01/19/2011 01:03 PM, Larry Cafiero wrote:
> >> Be that as it may, here it is: Are we going to have a table (i.e., a
> >> booth table, like the ones we have at shows and expos) at FUDCon, with
> >> all the logistical trappings that go with it?
> >
> > I'm going to say no. Because I don't see that it makes any sense, and it
> > would take people away from the larger event (even in shifts).
> >
> > IMHO, FUDCon is a giant table. :)
>
> It might be worth doing if there were a place/time to "target" the
> local community in some way. For people at FUDCon itself, yeah, it is
> a giant table.

One way I could see it making sense is nearby our rooms in Memorial
Union, *iff.* the building staff is OK with it, and the people at it
are not otherwise involved/interested in hackfests.  It would be very
important to note that foot traffic through MU is likely to be lots of
people *other* than geeky folks, and people sitting at the table would
want to calibrate their pitch accordingly.  Otherwise, I agree with
Tom.