Announcing FUDCon APAC 2011 in Pune, India / Call for bids for FUDCon LATAM and FUDCon APAC 2012

Jared K. Smith jsmith at fedoraproject.org
Thu Jul 7 16:02:30 UTC 2011

It's my pleasure to announce that the winning bid for FUDCon in the
Asia-Pacific region for 2011 is Pune, India.  FUDCon APAC 2011 is
scheduled for November 4th through 6th at the College of Engineering,
Pune, India.  FUDCon is the Fedora Users and Developers Conference, a
premier Fedora event that is held several times a year in different
regions of the world.  For more information on premier Fedora events,
see the Fedora wiki [0].

As you might imagine, choosing the winning bid was a difficult
decision to make, as both bidding teams have put together very
compelling bids.  I'd like to publicly thank both teams for their hard
work and effort, and invite the Beijing team to submit a bid for next
year's FUDCon APAC as well.

I'm also now opening up bidding for FUDCon APAC 2012 and FUDCon LATAM
2012.  FUDCon APAC 2012 will be held between March 1st and May 31st,
and FUDCon LATAM will be held between June 1st - August 31st.  All
bids for both of these FUDCon events should be submitted by August
11th.  If you have any questions or concerns regarding FUDCon events,
I invite you to subscribe to the FUDCon planning mailing list [1].

[0] http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Premier_Fedora_events#Recurring_Premier_Fedora_Events

Jared Smith
Fedora Project Leader