13th International Free Software Forum

Igor Pires Soares igorsoares at gmail.com
Sat Mar 17 20:09:42 UTC 2012

Hello!

We are beginning to organize the Fedora participation for this year's
FISL. The Brazilian Ambassadors were asked [1] to propose talks until
March 6th in order to inform us who to fund and how much we will need
for the event. They came up with some interesting talks and activities
that can be checked at the event wiki page [2].

I also have placed the budget needed on the wiki page and it is about
the same amount as last year. This time I would like to propose to fund
more contributors but less days of lodging, so everyone get a chance to
attend. We can fund their hotel rooms for 3 days rather than all days.
They can choose the day of their talks plus 2 days. Some folks who live
farther away from Porto Alegre agreed to pay for their airfare, what is
nice because we can give more opportunities for others to attend. In
addition, Robyn is in list of the international speakers to be invited.
Would be nice if she can attend!

Local ambassadors agree that is necessary is to have Fedora a booth
again. Last year we didn't have one and the general feeling is that this
was not alright. Local Red Hat office used to help us to get a booth,
but last year we did not received support from them and I don't know if
they have plans for FISL this year. Usually a booth does not fit into
FAmSCo budget reality because it's really expensive. Anyway, I wonder
how we can fix this booth situation. Suggestions are welcome.

The sooner we figure the budget stuff out the cheaper and better our
participation will turn out. I can help the FPL and CommArch on whatever
is necessary to make this happen.

[1]
http://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/brasil-marketing/2012-March/017267.html
[2] https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/FAD_FISL13

Regards,
--
Igor Pires Soares
Fedora Ambassador (Brazil) - Member of FAmSCo