Funding Approval Meeting for FUDCon Kuala Lumpur 2012

Buddhike Kurera bckurera at fedoraproject.org
Thu Mar 22 17:28:32 UTC 2012

On Thu, Mar 22, 2012 at 10:41 PM, inode0 <inode0 at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Mar 22, 2012 at 11:08 AM, Uditha Bandara Wijerathna
> <udithabnd at gmail.com> wrote:
>>

>>> Since the FUDCon KL time line is bit tighter, we can consider the 27th
>>> is the deadline for the
>>> second round and go for subsidy request in this planned meeting, so
>>> that we can save some
>>> bucks definitely.
>>>

>> I was about to add the exact same idea to the thread.
>> +1 bckurera
>
> While I understand your desire to move forward I think this simply is
> not the proper way to do this. You can't widely announce a deadline
> and then before that deadline arrives with virtually no notice to
> anyone say there is a new deadline in less than 24 hours and that
> widely announced deadline is now the "second round."
>
> Well, you can but I really think this is a big mistake. The widely
> announced deadline is only 4 days away which also would give you a
> reasonable amount of time to announce the subsidy request meeting
> properly if you did that now.
>
> John

Hello

IMO, this depends on the way the requests are evaluated.
Last time at FUDCon Pune, the requests were evaluated on first come
first served basis.
If the same will apply on the FUDCon KL, then there is no harm taking
requests before the
deadline.

IMO, deadline was set to make sure that no subsidy request will be
made/ entertained after the deadline.
But there is no note on the evaluation of requests or how it is
carried out. As inode0
noted may be announcement of the subsidy meeting before one day may create some
problems with the reporters to prepare. (As far as I can remember,
this was discussed at the last
planning meeting, so I think there is a slight awareness about this
before hand,) Other than that I
see no harm evaluating requests before the deadline. Major thing is it
saves some $$$.

Thanks inode0 for noting this, the organizing team will take required
action on this.

--
Regards,
Buddhike Chandradeepa Kurera(bckurera)