FUDCon Paris Hotel options

Kévin Raymond shaiton at fedoraproject.org
Wed May 16 15:16:31 UTC 2012

[snip]

>> We have a deal with an hotel, for 30 twins and 3 nights:
>> A twin at 81€ (exclusive of taxes) per night.
>
> And the tax is?
+19.6%

>> I've asked famsco to describe me how to manage rooms reservation/fees
>> with regard to the contributors,
>> but they just asked me back for precisions. I haven't given precise
>> question yet.
>>
>> Which is:
>> How to manage this hotel reservation:
>> - Do I have to assign a room for all that asked for?
>
> I expect we should prefer sponsored/rh people but we should not deny
> individual contributors to have this rate if there's room.
>
>> - Who is going to pay, Red Hat for all or one contributor could pay
>> by
>> itself but with our special rates (pay back to Red Hat?)
>
> Last year we paid it separately - for Brno guys I paid it together,
> Jared paid for Fedora sponsored people and there were few individuals
> too (or smaller Red Hat teams, not sure right now ;-).
I would prefer if it could be paid by RH and then individuals to
reimburse back RH, or our NPO could be the buffer, as our hotel would
like to be paid with only two payment (first to confirm the
reservation and then to paid the whole part a month before)
Should I see with Robyn, as the FPL is managing budget?

If you know how many your are going to be, I can ask for more twins in
our contract, I have asked for 60 people like I was recommended to do,
but it would be hard to ask for more in a month.

>> - How is it linked to the $$$ column on the reservation table?
>>
>> - I could also ask for more rooms, but we won't have so much time.
>>
>> We have the EMEA meeting tonight, I am not sure to be able to join,
>> (would be traveling), but if you could bring this question that could
>> help.
>
> I'll try to join it too (it's after Board, so I'll be online).
>
> R.
>
>> Thanks,
>>

>> --
>> Kévin Raymond