FreeSCI

Hans de Goede j.w.r.degoede at hhs.nl
Thu Apr 26 14:55:03 UTC 2007

Jon Ciesla wrote:
> Add to that an itchy Send finger. . .
>
> And my question is, do we have to package and distribute content for any
> engines we ship, like with scummvm and beneath a steel sky, etc?

Yes we do, thats why scummvm used to be in livna until beneath a steel sky was
packaged. The problem with things like FreeSCI is that it could be seen as a
method / device to circumvent copy protections etc. So the (unwritten *) rule
has been drafted that packages like this need to be distributed with content.

Another way of looking at it, is that we don't want to disribute useless
software, whereby the definition of useless is not usefull without non free
content.

Regards,

Hans