Games Spin Update?

Bruno Wolff III bruno at wolff.to
Wed Dec 19 13:41:47 UTC 2007

On Tue, Dec 18, 2007 at 18:38:56 +0200,
  Nicu Buculei <nicu_fedora at nicubunu.ro> wrote:

> I freshly installed for a relative of mine the games spin about a week
> ago, added a bit of multimedia and then ran "yum update".
> The number and total size of packages updated was huge, so I think this
> *is* a compelling reason (I did a screenshot at the time with the
> intention to blog about this but had not enough free time).

You might want to wait for the imminent Unity release. I believe they are
planning to include an update.img file that will fix the yum hang and/or
the 586/686 detection problem. It will probably be worth grabbing any fixes
they have for the installer that wouldn't be picked up by just using
updated packages.