FreeSCI

Hans de Goede j.w.r.degoede at hhs.nl
Wed May 2 20:30:33 UTC 2007

Jon Ciesla wrote:
> Open the template game.
> Resource->Add.
> Select the VIEWDIR file.
> Choose VIEW, and an unused view number.
> Click Ok.
> Click the new view.
> Click Edit.
> In the new window, Click File->Save to Game.
>
> This can be worked around by extracting and re-importing an existing view.
>  I think the new empty view is corrupt by default.

The problem is that you're opening the viewdir file as if it were a view, but
it is not, its some kinda dictionary file containing views, it is not a "view"
file, hence you also need to change the file type before you can open the
viewdir file. I admit that agistudio should complain that viewdir is not a
valid view file rather then try to read it and create an invalid view (looking
empty, but take a look at the number of loops and cells!)

The correct method to add a new really empty view is to go to tools->view
editor, which will give you an editor with a truely empty view. Then you can
save this with "file->save to game" in the view editor

Or you can copy an existing view by first editing it from the resources window
and then choose "file->save to game as"

Regards,

Hans