Please put games you package in comps

Hans de Goede j.w.r.degoede at hhs.nl
Fri May 11 19:08:51 UTC 2007

Hi All,

In order for any packages, you've packaged (including games!) to show up under
the Add/Remove software application (pirut), you must add them to comps.

checkout the "comps" module from cvs, and edit the .xml.in files for the Fedora
releases for which you've build the package. Search a suitable category and it
it there. For games always use type="optional".

I've just added the following list, including a number of games I was aware of
not maintained by me:
taxipilot
flightgear
pipepanic
penguin-command
vegastrike
widelands
freetennis

Since this demonstrates that not everyone is aware that they should use comps,
I'm sending this general reminder to the games-list. Please check that all your
packages are listed in comps (for as far as end users may want to directly
install them, so for example don't add libraries).

Notice that you can easily find out if you have any packages missing from comps
by looking here (in as far as that is up to date):
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/PackageMaintainers/PackageStatus#head-e83a47eb0097eaa3765fb33c1cdf1c94932d1acd

Regards,

Hans