Warsow for the Games Custom Spin?

Hans de Goede j.w.r.degoede at hhs.nl
Wed Nov 7 15:20:58 UTC 2007

Matt Desoto wrote:
> Warsow is a REALLY high quality first person shooter thats open source
> and free. at around 90MB I don't see why it shouldn't be considered for
> inclusion.

Yes, including warsow is a good idea, I've contacted them about the licensing
of the datafiles in the past and the may be freely (re)distributed as long as
no modificaitions are made. So they are ok for Fedora inclusion.

Unfortunately I've lost the relevant mail, so we will need to ask them again,
moreover we will need a packager for this, actually we (the Games SIG) really
need some more packagers, there are still many good games which could be
packaged, but most of us are handling all the packages we can.

I will happily help / teach anyone with a serious commitment howto create and
maintain good packages, so maybe warsow is a good place to start for someone?

Regards,

Hans