Making sure all games are in comps

Hans de Goede j.w.r.degoede at hhs.nl
Tue Nov 27 19:58:55 UTC 2007

Hi All,

To make sure all games we've worked so hard to package are in comps and thus
easy to find by the end user, I've written a small script which checks if every
package which has an rpm-group of Amusements/Games is in comps, I've attached
the resultiing script.

I've put a blacklist in the script to avoid what I believe are false positives.
Mainly things like level editors and servers, which do not belong in the comps
games group IMHO, maybe we need a game-utilities group?

Anyways FYI here is the current blacklist:
              *-editor)
                  ;;
              *-server)
                  ;;
              *-selinux)
                  ;;
              *-logwatch)
                  ;;
              fgfs-Atlas|xblast-x11|kanatest|rott-registered|fortune-firefly)
                  ;;
              cowsay|ifm|shippy-allegro|wesnoth-tools|armacycles-ad-dedicated)
                  ;;
              frotz|tetrinetx)
                  ;;

This excercise has resulted in me adding the following 2 comps:
raidem-music
asylum
angrydd
manaworld-music
quarry
uqm-content-voice
uqm-content-3domusic
torcs-data-tracks-dirt
torcs-data-tracks-oval
torcs-data-cars-nascar
freedoom-freedm
MegaMek
gnome-games-extra-data
atanks
sirius
pychess
glob2

And now I'm left with the following list of which I'm not sure what todo, input
much appreciated:
poker2d-kde (can't this be merged into the main package?)
torcs-robots

Regards,

Hans