Notes on games spin

Rahul Sundaram sundaram at fedoraproject.org
Fri Sep 21 06:57:52 UTC 2007

Hans de Goede wrote:

> Not in this case, thje idea is that the (error) dialog gets shown when
> the user tries to launch a 3d game from the menu.
>
> The idea is to create a generic wrapper script and then modify all
> opengl games to use this (atleast all in the kickstart file)

I think this would way too annoying. I just want to provide a gentle
nag. Not to frustrate users every time they try to launch 3D games which
I suspect will happen if we modify all the related menu entries to
launch a dialog box.

> Hmm I didn't know it was _that_ bad. I'm not a second life user, I just
> thought having the client in F-8 and the games spin would be cool. In
> that case I guesswe better wait till F-9.

I am not a second life user either. I was basically checking it out when
I began planning on a games spin and spend a few weeks researching the
available ones. You might want to try out the client yourself. Doesn't
take more than a few mins to create a user. I plan to write a few
reviews shortly when I get more time.

Rahul

Rahul