games spin

Rahul Sundaram sundaram at fedoraproject.org
Thu Sep 27 13:58:49 UTC 2007

Hans de Goede wrote:

> Do we want to put autodownloader using games on the spin? Sofar I
> deliberately didn't put any on there.

Is there any reason not to? I can see some reasons why but I would like
to hear your thoughts on that. One reason why I think we should do that
is because it is useful to demo some of the nice games in Linux. As far
as licensing is concerned, IMO gaming content restrictions can be a bit
more than gaming engines due to the artistic values in the former though
I definitely prefer less restrictions.

In most conferences these days, they have bandwidth that pulling in game
content just before the demo is not a problem and doing such a demo for
a upcoming local FOSS conference is of one my main motivations behind
working on this. Btw, I haven't include the regular GNOME games packages
in the kickstart file. Do we want to do that?

Rahul