Making a games spin?

Rahul Sundaram sundaram at fedoraproject.org
Thu Dec 11 04:09:29 UTC 2008

Bruno Wolff III wrote:
> On Wed, Dec 03, 2008 at 09:17:04 +0100,
>   Hans de Goede <j.w.r.degoede at hhs.nl> wrote:
>> If you're planning on doing this anyways it would be great if you could
>> perhaps become the maintainer of an official Fedora Games spin?
>
> Since I seem to be sucked into this and have been having some limited
> success in at least finding problems, where do a publish changes to?
>
> Can I file a bug against spin-kickstarts with a patch fedora-livedvd-games.ks
> when I am ready?

Yes or request commit access and do it yourself. You got to learn the
basics of git for that.

> What about documentation of the livecd-creator command used to build the
> iso?

Are you asking where it is?

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/How_to_create_and_use_Fedora_LiveCD

> I am guessing I don't build the iso that gets published, since that should
> probably done by someone else (release engineering?). How does coordinating
> with that other person work in order to get test spins out for rawhide?

Yes, keep in touch with release eng via rel-eng AT fedoraproject.org or
dropping a mail to their mailing list. Josh Boyer usually does a compose
on the server side in a virtual machine.

> The included fedora-live-base.ks file indicates what repos get looked at.
> It is delivered looking at rawhide and there doesn't appear to be a way
> to override that on the livecd-creator command. Do I need to worry about
> or is it something the person who builds the release version of the games
> spin going to know how to deal with correctly?

They should be able to adjust the repos at compose time, yes. A reminder
can't hurt.

Rahul