Games Spin update

Bruno Wolff III bruno at wolff.to
Tue Feb 24 22:08:34 UTC 2009

On Tue, Feb 24, 2009 at 11:46:53 -0800,
  Michael Thomas <wart at kobold.org> wrote:

> > I also dropped bsd-games which pulled in a bunch of text based games, which
> > really isn't the focus of the spin. Rogue and nethack (probably the best
> > text based games) are still in and can be started from the games menu.
>
> I think this is unfortunate, especially considering that there still
> appears to be enough room to include bsd-games.

I don't think bsd-games fits the purpose of the spin. They aren't going to
be that easy to find and not really very impressive. While some old timers
might want to play them, those aren't the people we are targetting. Old
timers are more likely to be running Fedora and be able to install whichever
games they want.

The target for this spin is people who aren't already running Fedora.
What we don't want to happen is have people semi-randomly pick games to try,
find a couple of duds and give up on linux based games.