[Fedora-haskell-list] plans for ghc 7.0 rc1 and rpm macros

Jens Petersen petersen at redhat.com
Tue Sep 28 03:48:17 UTC 2010

I did a scratch build of ghc 7.0 RC1:

ghc-7.0.0.20100924-1.rc1.fc15

so people can play with it.

I am not planning to build ghc-7.0.1 into dist-f15-ghc
at least until there is a RC with the final version.

I have also been working over the weekend on adding
ghc pkg hashes to our rpm metadata with an ghc-deps.sh
script.  I plan to turn that on also when we upgrade f15
to ghc7.  It should give us correct dependencies
between haskell packages for free automatically.
Then in the future we just need to provide buildrequires.

Thanks, Jens