[Fedora-haskell-list] ghc buildfailure on ppc

Jens Petersen petersen at redhat.com
Fri Jan 28 11:57:54 UTC 2011

[copying fedora haskell-devel list as a FYI
since this might also be of interest to others]

Hi Adrian,

> I am currently trying to rebuild Fedora 15 on ppc

Awesome, thanks!!

> and the ghc build fails with:
>
> fatal error: ffi.h: No such file or directory

I am not really sure why it is failing.
We do have a patch in rawhide now to use system libffi,
though I can't see any obvious reason why it shouldn't work on ppc.
Anyway you could try build with "%bcond_with libffi" instead
to see if that makes any difference.  Unfortunately Linux ppc is largely
unsupported upstream (at least untested AFAIK).
I am not sure if anyone has built ghc7 yet on Linux ppc.

If you can get me access to a rawhide ppc box
I can try to help with getting ghc to build on ppc again.
(Though I confess it was a bit of a relief as
ghc package maintainer to be honest when
Fedora dropped ppc as a primary arch...:)

Jens